Sunday, January 08, 2006

Halo Reporting System

There is the reporting system within Halo, but does this work?

We used to think it did, but since the xboxlive changes we tend to agree with one cheater we met online : "Bungie don't care anymore!" and another with "Microsoft wont stop me!"



Case Study:
Team Slayer
09/10/2005
5:22 PM
Game Length: 00:08:44

Offenders Gamertags: DESTROYALL44 and Silo056

Escelce (pronounced S L C) and some other friends were playing Team Slayer on Terminal (see pics), when they witnessed the worse and blatent cheating with a modded xbox. The named players were able to traverse the map in record times, as well as float high above the map firing down.



The shots have been highlited for all to see and in second view, as you can see, the red circle is same shot diffrent angel from first pic.

When informed him that he would be reported, he laughed and retorted that "Microsoft wont even stop me!!"

All players in Escelce's team used the reporting system in the game. Halon even wrote an email regarding the subject to Bungie/Microsoft. But, if you check their stats on Bungie.net you'll find that they are still playing to this day (four months later!).


To let me know if you have any opinion regarding this or any of this other subjects in this blog, either use the comments tag in the bottom corner of this post or email me mail@ifxstudios.co.uk . Please sign all comments with your gamertag.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey R34P3RM4N I have found the same with reporting cheaters, jerks and racists. I even wrote to Bungie and Microsoft and the guy is still playing to this day. So I don't think it does anything to report these villains. So I don't even bother reporting them anymore. I guess there is just too few resources for bungie to catch all these guys..... ?

Good Blogging! Frag ya later…

PS - I think Turkey Bird should be banned for "worst player".(just kidding my Brotha!)

7:58 AM, January 19, 2006  
Anonymous Effort Reporting System said...

I am sick of hearing little kids calling people racist names and reporting them seems to do nothing. >> Same here. Sometimes i even feel like feeding then to sharks!

1:56 AM, September 25, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home